At Rocky Mountain Clinical Research we are taking active measures to address the growing concern about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our main focus is the safety and protection from this fast-moving viral infection for both patients and staff.
Clinical Trial Updates
During this time of uncertainty, the enrollment of some of our clinical trials have been put on hold. Our supervising physicians are making assessments of each trial to determine if the study can continue based on a risk/benefit analysis. If you are currently enrolled in a study, we will be in direct communication with you regarding your appointments and scheduling.
In an effort to minimize exposure to COVID -19, we have implemented a few new policies. First and foremost, we are attentively and vigilantly sanitizing our facility throughout the workday and our staff is following heightened and stringent sanitation guidelines.
Research Visitor Guidelines
For scheduled research appointments, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- We request that you come alone to your visit if possible.
- For children or individuals who require assistance, we ask that only one adult visitor accompany the patient.
To further help ensure the safety of all clinical trial precipitants, we will also abide by the following processes during participant visits.
New Processes to Expect at a Scheduled Research Visit
All clinical trial participants will:
- Be contacted prior to each visit and asked if they have been ill, exposed to someone with any type of cold or flu like symptoms or have had a fever or respiratory problems. If they answer yes to any of these conditions, they will be instructed to remain at home and self-isolate. They will also be instructed to CALL their health care provider to guide them through further steps.
- Enter at the front door prior to entry into the clinic.
- Be assessed by a nurse regarding illness, fever, contact etc.
- Have their temperature taken and hands will be sanitized prior to entry into the clinic.
- Be brought to a private research room for the duration of their visit.
- Will be asked to exit and go directly to their car after the appointment.
When to Reschedule your Appointment
Please contact your study coordinator and reschedule your appointment if you meet any of the following criteria:
- If you have been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you believe you have been exposed to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you are experiencing symptoms of FEVER, COUGH AND /OR LOWER-RESPIRATORY DRY CAUGH.
- If you have recently returned from a geographic location with widespread Coronavirus (COVID -19).
- If you have a condition where your body’s immunity has been compromised.
Again, please contact your study coordinator and reschedule your appointment if you meet any of the criteria listed above.
Updated Information about Coronavirus
To stay current with the quickly changing situation related to the COVID-19 virus, click on the following links that provide the most accurate and up-to-date information.
We appreciate your help and cooperation as we work together in minimizing potential exposure to the Coronavirus.